"[In 1889] William Wirt Beck and his wife Louise Coman Beck [invested] in a huge parcel of 400 acres on the north side of Union Bay including [Ravenna Park]...The Becks were ambitious: They envisioned a whole new town, Ravenna, arising on their land and toward that end they quickly platted out town lots southward from the edge of the park and entered the world of real estate sales. The Becks built a large house (at the northeast corner of NE 57th Street and 26th Avenue NE) on 10 acres that also contained their Seattle Female College. The college enrolled 40 students for the 1890 school year, and soon included the Seattle Conservatory of Music and Ravenna Seminary."(Peter Blecha, "Ravenna Park (Seattle)" HistoryLink.org Essay 9559, http://historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=9559 ) Handwritten on photograph, lower right: CONN 29.
16.89 x 14.1 cm
Master images scanned on Epson 10000 XL flatbed at 600 ppi, 24 bit color, and saved as TIFF files. Adobe Photoshop used to resize images to 300 ppi and convert to JPEG format. Master file size: 39,862,317 bytes.